National Instruments Aust & NZ has introduced eight new relay cards to expand its NI SwitchBlock line of high-density switching solutions for PXI systems.
Designed specifically for demanding automated test systems with large numbers of channels, the NI SwitchBlock cards provide an intuitive option for switch configuration, routing, programming and maintenance in a variety of test applications in military and aerospace, transportation and for general-purpose automated testing.
The new NI SwitchBlock relay cards offer additional simultaneous connections and new differential measurement capabilities for high-channel-count switching applications. The expanded selection of NI SwitchBlock cards can be used by engineers to create a custom matrix of relays that meets their specific requirements.
The set of new relay cards includes multiple two-wire switches for differential measurements and 16-row switches that give engineers an increased number of simultaneous connections for large switching applications.
The relay cards integrate with NI Switch Executive switch management software, allowing engineers to graphically configure their switch systems one relay at a time for total control, or automatically route signals across multiple relay cards simply by specifying endpoints.
The software can be combined with NI LabVIEW system design software by engineers to abstract numerous route groups to easily configure, program and maintain large matrix configurations.
Additionally, engineers can combine the NI SwitchBlock with mass interconnect solutions from MAC Panel and Virginia Panel, which provide a single rugged connection point between multiple NI SwitchBlock connectors and a test fixture. This further simplifies wiring for large matrix configurations and helps engineers streamline hardware integration and reduce test setup time.
Key features of NI SwitchBlock relay cards:
- Innovative NI SwitchBlock architecture simplifies connectivity through internal column expansion
- Expandable carrier accommodates up to six relay cards while occupying just four slots in a PXI chassis
- Up to 4 NI SwitchBlock carriers can be combined to create internally routed matrices with up to 8,832 crosspoints in a single PXI chassis
- Integrates with NI Switch Executive switch management software to help engineers quickly and efficiently develop their application
- NI Switch Executive can be combined with NI LabVIEW system design software
- NI Switch Health Center software increases long-term system reliability by automatically running onboard diagnostics that verify relay continuity and display relay count information