National Instruments Aust & NZ introduces the latest version of its NI Sound and Vibration Measurement Suite software. The new software’s ready-to-run vibration logger simplifies MCM, NVH and audio test development.
The NI Sound and Vibration Measurement Suite 2011 provides a comprehensive collection of analysis and signal processing tools for noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) testing, machine condition monitoring (MCM) and audio test applications.
The suite can be used as a standalone software or combined with NI hardware and NI LabVIEW system design software to greatly simplify test system development and control.
LabVIEW 2011 can dramatically increase development efficiency through new engineering-specific libraries and its ability to interact with almost any hardware device. Together, LabVIEW and the Sound and Vibration Measurement Suite 2011 help engineers integrate individual measurement types into a single, reconfigurable platform, allowing them to do their jobs faster, better and at a lower cost.
Engineers can use the new vibration data-logging functionality and other enhancements in the new version of the Sound and Vibration Measurement Suite to more easily customise and automate any MCM or NVH test or monitoring application.
The enhancements add superior flexibility and high-performance capabilities to a variety of sound and vibration measurement projects.
Professor Jay Lee, director of the National Science Foundation’s Industry/University Cooperative Research Center for Intelligent Maintenance Systems at the University of Cincinnati says that the NI Sound and Vibration Measurement Suite is an integral part of their MCM applications, adding that the suite has tremendously reduced system development time and helped them achieve a variety of efficiencies throughout their machine analysis process.
Key features of the Sound and Vibration Measurement Suite 2011:
- Simplifies the development of MCM, NVH and audio measurement systems
- Ready-to-run data-logging virtual instrument allows engineers to save data continuously or based on triggers or time
- Data logger can be configured and run for a variety of sensor types including accelerometer, tachometer and proximity probes
- Sound and Vibration Assistant standalone software module for quickly acquiring, analysing and logging acoustic, noise and vibration data
- Includes easy-to-use application examples for impact test and swept sine analysis
- Integration with LabVIEW helps engineers increase test throughput with advanced parallel processing capabilities