NI’s rugged rackmount controller and new PXI Express remote controller deliver high data streaming performance, expanding PXI platform capabilities to include PC control from off-the-shelf computing platforms. The new products offer an extremely high-performance computing combination that separates system control from the peripheral modules inside the PXI chassis.
The RMC-8355 1U rugged rackmount controller for PXI and PXI Express systems features up to two high-performance quad-core Intel Xeon E5620 processors, making it ideal for high-performance test and measurement applications, and mission critical test and control.
The NI PXIe-PCIe8381 PXI Express remote controller is a high-performance MXI link featuring an x8 Gen 2 cabled PCI Express link to connect a PXI Express chassis to desktop PCs with a fully transparent, high-bandwidth link.
NI RMC-8355 product highlights
- Up to two quad-core Intel Xeon E5620 processors for eight cores of computing performance
- 2.4 GHz base clock frequency and 2.66 GHz single-core turbo frequency
- High availability features such as hot-swappable fans and redundant hard-drives and power supplies maximise system uptime
- Sustained throughput of 3.2 GB/s per direction
- 5m maximum cable length with rugged latching connectors
- NI MXI-Express BIOS Compatibility Software ensures easy connection with a variety of PCs for direct control of PXI Express systems