National Instruments Aust & NZ introduces two new editions of NI Multisim 12.0 designed to optimise circuit performance for professionals as well as improve circuits teaching in education.
Available in specialised editions for circuit design and electronics education, the latest version of the Multisim circuit simulation environment simplifies the complexities of traditional circuit simulation with an intuitive and graphical approach.
Multisim 12.0 Professional Edition optimises circuit performance earlier in the design flow through advanced simulation and analysis enabling designs to have fewer prototype iterations.
Multisim 12.0 Education Edition offers a uniquely interactive circuits teaching environment for students and educators to seamlessly transition from theory to genuine experimentation.
Multisim 12.0 Professional Edition
Based on industry-standard SPICE simulation and optimised for usability, Multisim 12.0 Professional Edition enables engineers to improve design performance to fit their applications by minimising errors and prototype iterations with simulation tools that include both customisable analyses developed in NI LabVIEW graphical system design software and standard SPICE analyses and intuitive measurement instruments.
Multisim 12.0 also provides unprecedented integration with LabVIEW for closed-loop simulation of analogue and digital systems, enabling engineers to validate FPGA digital control logic alongside analogue circuitry before leaving the desktop simulation stage.
Multisim Professional Edition is optimised for layout routing and rapid prototyping needs, enabling seamless integration with NI hardware such as the NI reconfigurable I/O (RIO) FPGA platforms and PXI platforms for prototype validation.
Features of Multisim 12.0 Professional Edition:
- System-level, closed-loop simulation of analogue and digital applications with Multisim and LabVIEW saves time in the design process
- All-new database enhancements including electromechanical models, AC/DC power converters and switch-mode power supplies for designing power applications
- 2,000+ new database components from Analog Devices, National Semiconductor, NXP and Phillips
- 90+ new pin-accurate connector symbols simplify custom accessory design for NI hardware
Incorporating features specialised for teaching, Multisim 12.0 Education Edition is complemented by a complete solution of hardware, textbooks and courseware, helping educators engage students and reinforce circuit theory with an interactive, hands-on approach to investigating circuit behaviour.
Multisim 12.0 can now also facilitate student comprehension of topics in mechatronics, power and digital curricula, expanding the use of a single environment throughout engineering education. Technical colleges and four-year universities choose Multisim for its interactive components, simulation-driven instruments and integration to the NI Educational Laboratory Virtual Instrumentation Suite (NI ELVIS) and NI myDAQ educational hardware platforms.
Features of Multisim 12.0 Education Edition:
- Easier student project facilitation and design with new pin-accurate connectors to NI educational hardware including NI myDAQ
- All-new power and machine components for teaching mechatronics and power electronics theory
- Improved support for digital theory curricula with the latest Xilinx FPGA tool support (12.x and 13.x)
- Analogue and digital system-level simulation with LabVIEW for simulating complete laboratories via desktop to teach controls, energy, power and mechatronics theory