NatRoad is a national not-for-profit association that represents road freight operators, and is overseen by a Board of Directors, the majority of which run trucking businesses themselves.
Road freight operators represented by the Association include:
- owner drivers
- large fleet operators
- general freight
- road trains
- express car carriers; and
- tankers and refrigerated operators.
NatRoad members are located in every state and territory of Australia, ensuring freight operators can access information and advice regardless of where they operate.
The Association states that it is committed to providing leadership and support, and to encouraging the development of its members, staff and stakeholders in the road transport industry.
Maximising the long term viability of its members is another key focus, with NatRoad providing tools, networking opportunities and industry education within the core values of:
- national uniformity of regulation
- promotion of safety and compliance
- environmental sustainability
- positive community awareness; and
- a fair and equitable industrial relations framework.