NORD Drivesystems supplies aluminium two-stage helical bevel gear units for hygienically demanding applications.
Available in five sizes with a maximum torque of 660 Nm, the helical bevel gear units come in an easy-to-clean wash down design featuring smooth inclined surfaces and transitions with large radii without dead spaces, and requiring no assembly covers. Cleaning liquids wash off easily and completely from the surfaces, which also remain considerably cooler than conventional drives thanks to the special construction.
NORD’s lightweight, hygienic helical bevel gear units are optimised for use in the food industry and comply with international guidelines and standards such as EHEDG, ANSI/BISSC, and ANSI/NSF.
Key features of NORD hygienic helical bevel gear units:
- Designed according to proven UNICASE principle with torsion-resistant housings to withstand high mechanical stress
- Optional NSD tupH surface treatment increases resistance to corrosion as well as acids and alkaline solutions
- Ideally suited for conveyor systems and hoists, especially in applications where geared motors have to be moved and light weight becomes essential
- Can be combined with suitable smooth-surface motors from NORD or other manufacturers
- Can be fitted if required, with double shaft seals
- Can be ordered as open or closed frame versions with hollow or solid shafts