IEC electric motor adaptors from NORD Drivesystems are designed to allow electric motor component replacements without removing the entire geared motor assembly from the production line.
Electric components in factory environments exposed to a large presence of water or aggressive washdown regimes face risk of failure from ingress of water or moisture condensation. Electric motors in gearboxes employed especially in the food manufacturing industry, where hygiene and contamination are critical issues, need to be replaced regularly.
Despite increased IP protection and focus during the cleaning regime, these electric motors are at risk of failing prematurely, and will require replacement.
Standard geared motor assemblies with an integral electric motor fitment are known as ‘wet’ inputs, seen as a disadvantage to the customer when replacement of the electric motor component is urgently required whilst still fitted on production machinery in the factory.
The removal of the electric motor component from the gearbox input during service not only exposes the internals of the gearbox but also contaminates the surrounding machine, with the product likely to make contact with used gear oil and input gasket residue.
The messy process requires the time consuming removal of the whole assembly, which is then returned to the workshop for the replacement of the electric motor in controlled conditions.
However, NORD’s IEC electric motor adaptors allow customers to replace the electric motor component without removing the whole geared motor assembly from the production line, not only eliminating potential contamination of the production line and product but also preventing production downtime.
NORD Drivesystems AU offer NORD IEC electric motor adaptors for their entire range of helical gearboxes, encompassing a wide input power range of 0.12 kW to 1000 kW, and with torque capacity up to 550,000 Nm.
All NORD gearboxes are supplied with a two-year warranty, and supported 24/7 from the NORD Drivesystems’ assembly plant.
Key benefits of NORD IEC electric motor adaptors:
- Mounts directly to the NORD gearbox input
- Allows direct fitment of an IEC standard electric motor with a B5 flange
- Electric motor can be easily removed by the four mounting bolts without leakage of gearbox oil
- Electric motor can be replaced without the unnecessary removal of the complete geared motor assembly from the machine
- Reduced spares inventory of electric motors by standardising on NORD’s IEC electric motor adaptors
- Accommodates any other brand of IEC standard electric motor including electric motors certified in Australia for hazardous environments
Key features of NORD IEC standard electric motors:
- Mounting positions include B3 foot mount, and B5 or B14A flange mount
- Nominal IP protection class IP56 offered as standard with IP66 available optionally
- Exterior coatings include enamel, acrylic and two pack epoxy paints, and the unique NORD Severe Duty (NSD) Stainless Steel coating system
- Options include rain hoods, incremental and absolute encoders, IP55 and IP66 electromagnetic brakes, integral forced fan cooling, backstops and tropic proofing