German made electromagnetic brakes from NORD Drivesystems come with improved IP protection ratings to suit harsh environmental conditions.
NORD electromagnetic brakes are suitable for all NORD electric motors as fitted to NORD helical geared motors, and for NORD IEC standard electric motors. These IP66 brakes are ideal for use in food, water and marine industrial applications.
Standard electromagnetic brakes presently stocked by NORD Drivesystems AU are normally supplied with IP55 protection. Increased protection options include a stainless steel friction disc, a painted bearing cover and a dust protection ring. The IP66 rated protection is also available for applications requiring high washdowns or aggressive cleaning regimes.
Options for the NORD electromagnetic brakes include lockable and manual release hand levers, micro switch, noise reduced brakes, accelerated brake activation, and standstill heating of brakes with bifilar windings.
Key features of NORD electromagnetic brakes:
- Electromagnetic brake torque range covers sizes between 5 Nm and 400 Nm
- NORD electric motor frame sizes accommodated between IEC 63 frame and IEC 200 frame
- Available with a range of coil voltages: 24VDC, 105VDC, 180VDC, 205VDC, 225VDC and 250VDC
- Power supply voltages range between 200 Volts and 480 Volts
- Completely asbestos-free brake linings
- Alternative half wave and full wave rectifiers also available on request