NORD Drivesystems presents a range of drive solutions for high hygiene applications in the food industry.
NORD’s drive solutions consist of a new family of two-stage helical bevel gearboxes designed for easy and residue-free cleaning.
Featuring no indentations or dead spaces where dirt or liquids could accumulate, the washdown gear units have smooth surfaces that allow cleaning liquids to easily wash off in all installation positions.
Manufactured from die-cast aluminium, the gearboxes resist corrosion far better than steel models and can withstand frequent intense, aggressive cleaning with acids and alkaline solutions.
The aluminium drives also feature NSD tupH sealed surface conversion system that makes them as robust as their stainless steel counterparts and a thousand times as durable as anti-corrosion paints.
Combined with stainless steel standard parts, stainless steel output shafts and food grade lubricants, NSD tupH drives are the optimal solution for applications with stringent hygiene requirements.
Drawing on its extensive range of high-performance and efficient drive technology for the food industry, NORD realises a variety of solutions for pumping, mixing, cooling, transporting and packaging food articles.
Key features of NORD helical bevel gearboxes:
- Comprises of five sizes with torques between 90 and 660 Nm
- All models available as open, especially lightweight version or enclosed
- NSD tupH sealed surface conversion system increases robustness to stainless steel standards
- Product range includes hygienic, reliable wet cell versions of geared motors
- Special feature modifications available include extended temperature operation, protective finishes and special lubricants
Special variants for pump operation feature two analogue inputs that allow for variable speed adjustment and can actively and autonomously control process values. The cost-efficient SK 200E inverter series also includes special variants suitable for conveyor applications.