NORD Drivesystems manufactures modular industrial gear units with an output torque of 229,000 Nm in a one-piece unicase housing.
NORD’s industrial gear units find application in material transport systems such as belt conveyors, plate belt conveyors, screw conveyors, chain conveyors, bucket conveyors and stack conveyors.
The industrial gear units are primarily used in the mining industry, paper industry, wood-processing industry, steel industry, sugar industry, wastewater treatment and chemical industry. They also find use in agitators, pumps, cranes and lifting devices.
Key features of NORD industrial gear units:
- All bearing points and sealing surfaces are machined in one operation
- No separating joints in the housing and no sealing surfaces subject to torque
- High-precision axis alignment for quiet running
- Long life, low maintenance unit
- Short, compact design
- Gear ratio range 5.54 to 400:1 with the same foot dimensions
- Parallel axis and right-angled gear units
- Gears have a press-fit between the shaft and the hub in addition to positive parallel key fitting
- NBR quality standard shaft seals
- FKM (Viton) shaft seals available optionally
- Sealing systems such as gamma-ring seals, labyrinth seals and Taconite seals available for special ambient conditions