NHP Electrical Engineering Products have announced the release of the TemPower 2 AR6 air circuit breaker from Terasaki. NHP Electrical Engineering Products can now offer a Terasaki AR ACB in the 5000 and 6300A ranges. Similar to Terasaki AR ACBs, the TemPower 2 AR6 air circuit breaker offers maximum performance from minimum volume.
The TemPower 2 AR6 air circuit breaker has a depth of 380mm. Furthermore, the TemPower 2 AR6 air circuit breaker shares a common height and front cover dimension with the existing Terasaki AR ACB range.
The TemPower 2 AR6 air circuit breaker can interrupt the current at two points on the line side of the ACB, while dissipating heat from essential components such as the main contacts and terminals by efficient air convection through a pressure value. Following are the features of the TemPower 2 AR6 air circuit breaker:
- Maximum rated current: 6300A
- A maximum rated current of 6300A is achieved by suppressing the temperature rise of contacts and terminals by means of a “DoubleBreak” line side scheme and a pressure-valve implemented efficient air convection
- Rated breaking capacity: 120kA
- A rated breaking capacity of 120kA at AC440V is achieved for the standard AR6
- Rated short-time current: 120 kA
- The rated short-time current is also 120 kA for 1 second
- Neutral pole current carrying capacity: 6300A
- The rated current carrying capacity of the neutral pole is the same as that of voltage poles with 6300A, providing protection against a temperature rise due to harmonic components flowing through the pole
- Mechanical endurance: 5000 open/close cycles
A high mechanical endurance is achieved. The new models have undergone and passed a 5000-operation cycle test which eclipses the IEC 1500-cycle test.