M.I. Power & Electronics can maintain most types of electrical equipment quickly. During the overhaul process, the infrastructure, equipment and expertise of the staff is utilised to ensure the equipment returned is fit for purpose and in compliance with recent acts and standards. M.I. Power & Electronics’ repair and overall services are available from Nepean Group .
The level of overhaul is determined by the customer requirements, which may vary from a general tidy of the wiring and a coat of fresh paint, to a full strip and rebuild, to modifications to the original design.
All overhauled equipment is managed through the Quality Assurance system, and is tested upon completion, with full test documentation supplied with the item to ensure traceability.
M.I. Power & Electronics services include:
- Flameproof electrical modifications (including supplementary approvals)
- Flameproof approval audits
- Flameproof and diesel machine on site electrical inspections and certification
- Longwall equipment, including cable testing/cleaning to assist in a quick wall changeover
- Circuit modifications/upgrades (PLC program design/modifications
- Electrical protection testing
- Electrical fault finding/repairs
- General overhauls
Typical equipment overhauled:
- Fan/pump/ belt starters
- Distribution and Control Boxes (DCB)
- Conveyors/starters, loop take up, breaker feeders
- Section circuit breakers
- Longwall equipment
- Machinery includes:
- Continuous miners
- Shuttle cars
- Diesel machine electrics
- Roof bolters/drilling machines