NCR Corporation has announced a comprehensive radio frequency identification (RFID) labeling solution to help consumer goods manufacturers meet retailer RFID mandates while driving down costs and improving operational efficiencies.
Developed by NCR's Systemedia Division, a manufacturer of world-class printer consumables, the solution is designed to reduce failure rates for manufacturers by increasing the reliability and consistency of RFID labels for cases and pallets - offering a label supply that approaches 100 percent reliability.
Building on the success of NCR's Auto ID bar-code labeling offer - which provides manufacturers with solutions in data capture, transfer and output, including barcodes - NCR's new RFID labeling solution includes:
* Consumables and labels that meet either the Class 1 or Class 0 protocol standards required by retailer mandates;
* Thermal transfer ribbons that are designed to eliminate static and print on RFID smart labels;
* State-of-the-art printers and data collection devices;
* Service on hardware components;
* Advanced software for printer and label formatting;
* eMedia, a comprehensive suite of online services that include ordering, tracking and payment for improved inventory management and purchasing consolidation; and
* Global sales and customer support.
In addition to providing enhanced human readability and bar code print quality, NCR-manufactured thermal transfer ribbons create a barrier to electrostatic discharge, which can affect RFID components.
Future enhancements to the NCR solution will include an expanded array of customised printed labels and sizes tailored to fit individual manufacturing processes, available in the first quarter of 2005.
NCR plans to make the solution available in Europe, the Middle East and Asia once global standards and frequency ranges have been finalised.