Multicard announced today the launch of a new pioneering application of contactless and dual interface microcontroller technology. Multicard has utilised combined different high frequency contactless technologies on a single IC.
Features of the microcontroller cards include:
- The new microcontroller card utilises a single processor for both a LEGIC applet and the MIFARE technology to enable the use of a single identification credential in different environments that also accommodates legacy installations
- The microcontroller cards allow for the storage of standard LEGIC applications, such as those for employee cards on a single dual interface smart card
- LEGIC card-in-card solutions also permit the integration of contactless multi-applications on virtual LEGIC transponders in contactless or dual interface smart cards, thus enabling the combination of secure physical and logical access systems on a single card
- The new microcontroller cards have been developed to integrate various secure applications on one independent processor to enable customers to make full use of a true multi-application smart card solution, based on a high level of independence and security
- The new microcontroller cards with access control, time & attendance, cashless payment and NFC