Multicard offers an extensive range of smart cards IC’s from various suppliers like NXP, manufacturer of high performance mixed signal and standard product solutions.
The NXP long-established CMOS18 SmartMX family features enhanced secure smart cards IC architecture. These smart cards present a number of improvements added to the classic 80C51 core architecture which include extended instructions for Java and C code, linear addressing, high speed at low power and a universal memory management unit.
The SmartMX platform manufactured in CMOS 0.18 μm 5-metal layer technology offers many advantages in terms of security features, memory resources, crypto-coprocessor calculation speed for RSA/ECC as well as availability of secure hardware support for 2-key and 3-key Data Encryption Standard (DES) and Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) operations.
The contact interface availability, the optional contactless interface and the optional Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0 LS interface enable the easy implementation of native or open platform and multi-application operating systems in market segments such as banking, ID cards, health cards, conditional access (pay TV), Java cards, as well as Trusted Platform Modules (TPM).
The SmartMX CMOS18 smart card feature:
- 10 KB to 72 KB EEPROM
- 96 KB to 160 KB user ROM
- 4608 B RAM
- High-performance secure Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) coprocessor (RSA, ECC)
- Secure dual/triple-DES coprocessor
- Secured AES coprocessor (P5CC072 and P5CT072 only)
- Memory Management Unit (MMU)
- ISO/IEC 7816 contact interface
- 5-metal layer 0.18 μm CMOS technology
- EEPROM with up to 500 000 cycles endurance and a minimum of 20 years retention time
- Broad spectrum of delivery types
- Optional certified crypto library modules for RSA, DES, AES and ECC