Moxa Technologies have released new family of one-chip PCI Express boards. Moxa Technologies have been providing multiport serial boards for over 20 years. Moxa Technologies’ one-chip PCI Express boards are specially designed for higher MTBF and performance, featuring a 33% increase in throughput and 48% decrease in CPU loading.
In addition to high performance, Moxa Technologies’ new PCI Express board models also provide users with a baud rate of up to 921.6Kbps and 15KV ESD protection for reliability. Moreover, instead of requiring users to open the chassis to set DIP switches and jumpers manually, Moxa Technologies provide a convenient software solution for configuring the serial interface and terminal resistors.
This highly integrated chip combines the PCI Express bridge and PCI-UART on one chip. By incorporating this latest technology, Moxa Technologies’ PCI Express boards are able to outperform traditional boards that use separate chips for the PCI Express bridge and PCI-UART.
With this new PCI Express-UART, the user can configure the serial interface and terminal resistor by software instead of using a DIP switch and jumper. The absence of a DIP switch and jumper also makes these new PCI Express boards more user-friendly and easier to maintain, as there is no need to open the computer case to adjust the settings manually. Furthermore, the new design reduces manufacturing time and costs since fewer components are required.
Moxa Technologies’ multiport serial boards have onboard LED indicators to clearly indicate data transmit/receive status. This is particularly helpful for users if they are troubleshooting without opening the chassis.
Moxa Technologies’ new PCI Express boards support a wide range of drivers for desktop solutions (Windows 2000, XP/Vista x86/x64) and server solutions (Windows 2003/2008, with certification). Moreover, Moxa Technologies also provide drivers for Linux, SCO Open Server 5/6, and UnixWare.
The key features include:
- PCI Express-UART brings good performance
- PCI Express x1 fits any PCI Express slot (x1, x2, x4, x12, x16, x32)
- Baud rate up to 921.6Kbps
- Built-in 15KV ESD protection
- 2KV optical isolation protection for CP-132EL-I and CP-114EL-I
- Windows (2000, XP/2003/Vista/2008 32-bit & 64-bit), Linux 2.4/2.6 driver support and Windows XP/2003/Vista/2008 WHQL certifications
- 128-byte FIFO and on-chip H/W, S/W flow control
- Low profile board fits any size PC (shoebox, mini PC)
- CP-102EL - 2-port RS-232 low profile PCI Express serial board
- CP-132EL - 2-port RS-422/485 low profile PCI Express serial board
- CP-132EL-I - 2-port RS-422/485 low profile PCI Express serial board with 2KV isolation protection
- CP-114EL - 4-port RS-232/422/485 low profile PCI Express serial board
- CP-114EL-I - 4-port RS-232/422/485 low profile PCI Express serial board with 2KV isolation protection