Moxa Networking is launching a high port density industrial Ethernet switch that has all the advanced managed features needed for high-end and secure industrial Ethernet applications. EDS-516A is a 16-port Ethernet switch with a compact standalone design that gives large-scale automation systems an ideal means of network communication, and exhibits maximum efficiency and reliability.
The EDS-516A inherited many advanced features, such as Turbo Ring, from MOXA’s series of managed Ethernet switches, to give system integrators a reliable and efficient network switch for handling large automation systems. The high port count design fulfills the demand for high-density network connections of large distributed control systems (DCS).
In addition, managed features, such as Quality of Service (QoS), provide a traffic prioritisation capability to ensure that important data is delivered consistently and predictably, and the EDS-516A supports IEEE802.1D-1998 GMRP and IGMP Snooping to reduce the amount of traffic on the Ethernet LAN. The EDS-516A supports VLAN technology, which can be used to segment your network without being restricted by physical connections, and IEEE802.3ad (LACP) provides flexible network connections and a redundant path for critical devices. SNMP V1/V2c/V3 provide different levels of management, and RMON (Remote Network Monitoring) allows various network agents and console systems to exchange network monitoring data. In addition, IEEE802.1X and https/SSL are available to enhance network security.
The switch is currently undergoing final testing at MOXA headquarters, and will be ready to ship by December 22.
- 16 fast Ethernet ports with 2 ports for copper or fiber
- Turbo Ring (recovery time < 300 ms), RSTP/STP (IEEE802.1W/D) for Ethernet redundancy
- QoS, IGMP snooping/GMRP, VLAN, LACP, SNMP V1/V2c/V3, RMON supported
- Rate Limiting for bandwidth management, and broadcast storm protection
- IEEE802.1X and https/SSL to enhance network security
- Save and load configuration files with the ABC-01 automatic backup configurator attachment