Available from Moxa Technologies , the EDS-828 series 24+4G-port Layer 3 Gigabit modular managed Ethernet switch is a high-performance Ethernet switch designed for network routing.
Software logic used by tradtional routers is replaced with improved built in hardware technology, allowing the EDS-828 Layer 3 Gigabit modular managed Ethernet switch to offer better performance, and making it an ideal switch for largescale local are networks (LANs). In addition to its Layer 3 features, the EDS-828 Ethernet switch also supports advanced management and security features.
Furthermore, in order to meet the demands of any industrial application, the EDS-828 series Ethernet switch uses a modular design that allows users to install up to 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 24 fast Ethernet ports, providing a high degree of flexibility for network expansion
Some key features and benefits of EDS-828 series 24+4G-port Layer 3 Gigabit modular managed Ethernet switches include:
- Layer 3 switching functionality to move data and information across networks
- Command Line Interface (CLI) for quickly configuring major managed functions
- supports advanced VLAN capability with Q-in-Q tagging
- IEEE 1588 PTP V2 for precise time synchronization of networks
- DHCP Option 82 for IP address assignment with different policies
- supports EtherNet/IP and Modbus/TCP protocols for device management and monitoring
- compatible with EtherNet/IP and PROFINET protocols for transparent data transmission
- IGMP snooping and GMRP for filtering multicast traffic
- Port Trunking for optimum bandwidth utilisation
- SNMPv1/v2c/v3 for different levels of network management
- RMON for efficient network monitoring and proactive capability
- bandwidth management prevents unpredictable network status
- lock port for only authorized MAC address access
- port mirroring for online debugging
- automatic warning by exception through e-mail, relay output
- digital inputs to integrate sensors and alarms with IP networks
- redundant, dual DC power inputs
- configurable by Web browser, Telnet/Serial console, CLI, Windows utility, and ABC-01 automatic backup configurator.