SolarTecno, available from Motordrives Australia Pty Ltd is a slewing drive product line dedicated to the movement of solar trackers and concentrators. The slew ring, which supports and moves the mobile part, is driven by Transtecno gear motors.
Three phase or single phase AC motors or 12/24V DC motors from the EC range are recommended for the application. Both motors can be combined with the FT146 shaft mounted gearbox. Planetary gear motors from the P or ECP range, and worm gear motors with pre-stage from the CMP or ECMP range are also available.
SolarTecno slewing drives include the ST range for solar trackers and PT range for CPV, HCPV and heliostat trackers. Each product range is available in nine sizes to run trackers from 3m² up to 165m². New vertical slew drives (3 sizes for each range) and double slew drives are also available.
Transtecno AC (single phase and three phase) or DC low voltage gear motors run slew drives.
The slew drive should be assembled in a horizontal position fixing the outer ring to a stable structure (in the ground) and the inner ring to the solar tracker. The inner ring, the slew drive and the gearmotor will run together with the solar tracker. When used in an external environment, the gearmotor should be protected with a cover.
Key features of SolarTecno encoder EMI 58:
- Magnetic incremental encoder
- Designed to fit directly onto the slewing drive
- Vibration and shock resistant
- Working temperature range from -25°C up to +100°C
- Skintop wire length: 1.5m
- No load input current: 100mA max
- Working frequency: 205kHz max
- Precision: +/-0.35° max
- EMC: IEC 61000-6-2; IEC 61000-6-3
- Available from size 9 up to size 25
- Shaft mounted gearmotors 230/400Vac and 12/24Vdc
- Worm gearmotors with pre-stage 230/400Vac and 12/24Vdc
- Planetary gearmotors 230/400Vac and 12/24Vdc
- AC shaft mounted gearmotors 230/400Vac-3ph
- DC shaft mounted gearmotors 12/24 Vdc