The new functions of the safety light curtains eliminate the need to purchase an additional control unit.
Functions such as muting and beam axis intensity monitoring that used to be difficult or impossible are now easy to set up using the software. These functions additionally reduce onsite installation time of the safety curtains significantly.
Key functions of the safety light curtains:
Programmable Muting function
Programmable Muting allows the user to customise parts of the safety curtain to be inactive.
Fixed Blanking function
Fixed Blanking function is used when an obstacle is always within the detection area.
Floating Blanking function
Floating Blanking function is used when an obstacle sometimes moves within the detection area.
The Highly Visible Indicators help the operator to see the current operating status of the safety light curtain.
The Configuration Software enables several functions:
- Monitor received light intensity of beam axes: Gives the user a visual indication of beam strength for alignment, troubleshooting or initial setup.
- Configure the Override function: Can be used to adjust the time limit of the Override function from the default 60 seconds to as long as 15 minutes.
- Precisely configure the Muting function: Can be used to choose which beams are used for Muting and Blanking functions with a PC.
- Configure the EDM function: Makes it possible to monitor external devices such as contactors’ function and select permissible times for it.
- Customise the Highly-Visible Indicators: Allows the operator to select how the Highly-Visible Indicators spanning the whole curtain will light up or flash, and what colour they will be for different conditions.