Available now from Motion Solutions Australia , the IA CMOS Analogue Laser Sensor is an in-line, general purpose analogue laser sensor that offers high performance at a low cost.
The IA CMOS Analogue Laser Sensor supports the measurement of a wide variety of work pieces. These analogue laser sensors automatically controls and optimise laser power according to the reflectance of the target, which results in a stable measurement for almost any target from shiny metal to black rubber surfaces.
Thanks to its die cast metal IP67 optical base, the IA CMOS Analogue Laser Sensor is durable, strong, and suitable for use in almost any environment. The head structure was redesigned to give the sensor a small body and make it tough enough to withstand even the harshest of conditions.
It is the small sensor body that allows the IA CMOS Analogue Laser Sensor to be installed almost anywhere. The IA series makes use of a unique aspherical lens to achieve such a small head housing; measuring 36mm × 48.5mm × 22.6mm and weighing just 50g. This minimal installation space and reduced weight makes it ideal for mounting on moving parts.
The IA CMOS Analogue Laser Sensor also supports multi-stage setting, meaning if analogue data is transmitted to a PLC, multilevel setting can be implemented to cover various workpieces, enabling a reduction in labour hours.
Ideal industry applications for IA CMOS Analogue Laser Sensors include:
- transportation - control of gasket coating
- plastics and rubber - detecting the presence/absence of cap seals and for tension control of sheet material
- steel industry - detection of double sheets
- electronics - detecting chip presence/absence and double chip detection
- paper industry - measurement of paper tension
- food - counting of packages
- pharmaceuticals - detection of cap position.