Risk management is required in the perishable food industry to prevent all kinds of food contamination caused by human intervention. Epson’s chemical cleanable robots such as the C3-IP67 robots help maintain hygienic production lines. Being detergent washable, the washdown robots can be used to maintain proper cleanliness in food applications.
Epson robots not only reduce the variation in quality caused by human labour, but also improve product quality through high precision and performance of repetitive tasks. Robot automation can also reduce overall costs of operation by reducing the number of production line workers, while simultaneously improving yields through increased quality and throughput.
Key features of Epson C3-IP67 washdown robots:
- Special surface treatment enables high tolerance to medical solution/ detergent from mild acid to mild alkaline
- All axes are IP67-grade waterproof and washable
- Smooth surface design makes the robot easy to clean
- Safe coating material, also used for kitchen utensils is used for exterior parts
- Food-grade grease used for oil seal lubrication
- Stainless steel end effectors reduce risk of contamination by foreign substances
- Compact and slim design for easy installation in sealed environments such as inside an isolator