The new WNM wireless network module available in Australia from Moore Industries-Pacific is designed to offer high accuracy and reliability in sending process signals between remote field sites.
Functioning as a low-cost wireless communications link between field sites in rugged terrain, a single WNM unit is capable of transmitting for up to 30 miles with the additional ability to act as a repeater for a virtually unlimited transmission range.
Designed for long distance data transmissions, the wireless network modules are bi-directional and employ Spread Spectrum Frequency Hopping technology to avoid interference problems caused by crowded radio spectrums.
Operating at standard operating frequencies of 902-928MHz or 2.4-2.4835GHz, the WNM does not require a regulatory license and can typically be installed without performing costly RF site surveys. While 902-928MHz units can transmit up to 30 miles, 2.4-2.4835GHz units have a transmission range of up to 15 miles.
When set in the Smart Switch Ethernet (SSE) mode, the WNM enhances the speed and reliability of data packet transmission by determining the most efficient path of broadcast on a packet-by-packet basis.
Key features of Moore Industries WNM wireless network module:
- Allows multiple radio networks to use the same band while in close proximity
- Ideal for use with Moore Industries NCS NET Concentrator System as well as other SCADA and distributed I/O systems
- Available for data communications networks that use Ethernet and serial (RS-485) communications
- Designed for long-distance data transmission with 902-928MHz units transmitting up to 30 miles and 2.4-2.4835GHz units up to 15 miles
- Range can be extended indefinitely by using multiple WNM units as repeaters to relay signals
- Allows for the creation of WNM networks when a direct line of sight cannot be established
- Can be factory-configured to fit user specifications, allowing ease of installation and use
- Free PC configuration software allows end users to perform on-site configuration, parameter changes and add WNM modules to a network
- Utilises 128-bit AES encryption, 32-bit CRC error detection and ARQ for robust and secure communications
- Industrial DIN-rail mount metal enclosure enables use in rugged environments
- Functions in ambient temperatures from -40ºC to +75ºC and relative humidity of 5-95%