Moore Industries-Pacific announces the release of the new SRM safety relay module, part of their FS functional safety series.
A versatile relay repeater module, the SRM safety relay module has been certified by exida for single use in Safety Instrumented Systems up to SIL 2. The SRM accepts single contact closure inputs from logic solver trip outputs including Moore Industries’ STA safety trip alarm and the SPA2 programmable limit alarm trip.
Featuring three contacts per alarm input, the SRM safety relays allow for the addition of alarm contacts to safety processes without special installation or configuration.
Unlike many other interposing relays, the SRM is a force guided relay, eliminating the possibility of having contacts stuck in both Normally Open (NO) and Normally Closed (NC) positions at the same time while also avoiding potential problems caused by issues such as welded contacts. The SRM is built using a safety-related relay with forcibly-guided contacts, which are monitored and mechanically linked to the same armature as the output contacts.
Key features of SRM safety relay modules:
- Developed following the IEC 61508 standard
- Offers a high level of availability for safety-critical applications
- Ideal for use as a component part of Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS)
- Housed in a durable and rugged ‘universal’ aluminium DIN case mounted on a 32mm G-type or 35mm Top-Hat DIN-rail
- Front-panel visual diagnostics with three LED indicator lights reflecting the current Input, Output and Power status
- Can also be installed in an SIS with minimal wiring