Moore Industries-Pacific announces the availability of a new video that demonstrates how its STA safety trip alarm serves as a logic solver, monitoring potentially hazardous events as well as initiating emergency shutdown procedures or alerting personnel of unsafe process conditions.
Available through the Moore Industries website, the video is hosted by journalist and industry expert Peter Welander and features a demonstration of how the STA serves as a Single Loop Logic Solver in Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS).
In the video, the STA monitors a ‘hot pot’ filled with water. When the temperature goes above or below a set point, dual alarm outputs on the STA signal a warning that an unsafe state has been reached. The video also shows how a third alarm monitors input or instrument faults such as a disconnected wire.
Key features of the STA safety trip alarms:
- More affordable and easier to program than expensive safety PLCs with the same functions
- Process alarm trips and analogue outputs are user configurable via front-panel push buttons
- Configurations can be downloaded to multiple STA units with a free software utility program
- Subjected to extensive testing by TUV and Exida
- Approved for IEC 61508 and 61511 compliance including single use in Safety Instrumented Systems up to SIL 2 and firmware suitable for use in a SIL 3 system