Mitrefinch installed an integrated Time and Attendance System as well as Access Control System for Hawker Pacific Aerospace in London.
Based near London’s Heathrow Airport, Hawker is a multinational aircraft parts and repair organisation, serving a diverse international customer base comprising of commercial airlines, air cargo operators, domestic government agencies and aircraft parts manufacturers.
Hawker decided to roll out Mitrefinch's integrated Time and Attendance and Access Control system for their 300-strong workforce to overcome problems associated with unplanned absence, lateness and ‘ghost-clocking’.
Additionally, managers and supervisors were swamped with vast amounts of time-consuming, paper-based employee administration.
The success of Mitrefinch’s Employee Time Management System can be gauged from the fact that lateness was reduced in many areas while Hawker staff grew to appreciate the obvious benefits of the Employee Self Service functionality offered by the system.
Hawker’s IT Manager Colin Booth also appreciated the Mitrefinch hardware installation process and the Mitrefinch Support Helpdesk.
Two years on, Colin Booth says that Mitrefinch’s integrated employee management solution is easy to use and very accurate. He picks out the reporting function and the diary function in the HR Manager Module as particularly useful.
The diary function in fact helps them remember important events by sending prompt reminders by email.
According to Colin, key benefits derived by Hawker Pacific Aerospace include:
- Allows managers to instantly see who is in the building and on shift
- With various complicated shift patterns, the system helps managers identify who is doing what at any point in time
- Employee Self Service makes the system transparent, enabling employees to see what hours or overtime they have worked
- Booking and recording of holiday balances is much more accurate
- Helps reduce the amount of time managers spend on clock card queries
- Overall process improvement