Australian workplaces are increasingly embracing the idea of flexible work practices. Australia’s shifting demographics and enlightened legislation protecting workers’ rights mean that business decision makers are increasingly looking at flexibility as a critical human resources issue.
Five facts about flexible work practices:
1. Companies encouraging flexible work environments are more likely to retain employees, keep employees happy and save on healthcare costs tied to burnout and stress. (CBS)
2. Productivity increases when employees have the option to work remotely. (Stanford)
3. About 90 per cent of Fortune 1000 companies offer part-time schedules, 77 per cent offer flextime, and about half offer job-sharing. (OI Partners)
4. 51 percent of working adults (ages 18 to 44) plan to look for a new job within the next three years with an employer that offers flexible work options. (Mom Corps)
5. Working men are twice as likely as working women to give up more than 10 per cent of their salary for more flexibility. Young professionals are three times more likely to take a pay cut for flexibility. (Mom Corps)
Technological business solutions are available to support Australian decision makers in their endeavour to introduce greater flexibility in the workplace.
Mobile workforce applications from Mitrefinch Australia improve workplace productivity by enabling supervisors and employees to complete a wide range of administrative as well as operational tasks from any location, at any time. When integrated with their mobile devices, the mobile workforce application enables employees to clock in/out or on/off specific jobs from remote work sites, request leave, and review their work information in real time.