The mining industry association operates in accordance with five main aims:
- To promote the interests of its members, who are mining industry professionals
- To provide resources that facilitate the continued professional development of members
- Develop strategies that improve the health and safety of mining sites
- Provide members with advice and support when facing issues related to their employment in the mining industry
- Actively promote and develop methods for sustainable mine development and mining industry growth
Representation for mining industry employees is guaranteed by the association, as it features prominently on a range of industry committees that have been formed for the purpose of framing and/or reviewing legislation and public policy.
The mining industry association encourages its members to employ sound environmental management and safety techniques for the benefit of the mining industry and its employees.
The mining industry association provides its members with the opportunity to network, discuss and debate issues of relevance to the industry through the facilitation of regular meetings and communication sessions.
Industry standardisation competencies play an important role in the strength and development of the mining industry in Australia, and as such the association promotes these and encourages its members to maintain and adopt them.
Photo: a Creative Commons (Attribution 2.0) image from GabeB’s Flickr photo stream