MILLSOM Materials Handling , in partnership with Schmalz GmbH, has released a new generation of VacuMaster lifting devices that combine performance, operating safety and ease of use in a compact design.
The Vacumaster-Basic allows for the horizontal handling and transferring of products, with a wide range of loads from 75kg through to 750kg.
Other variations allow for the turning of products by 90° or 180°.
The benefits of the new model can be seen in its increased versatility, agility and decreased weight of the lifting mechanism, ensuring even safer operation and even less stress and strain on the operator, thus reducing fatigue and increasing productivity.
The changes to the new VacuMaster Basic include:
* New ergonomic operating handle.
* New main beam incorporating the vacuum reservoir and vacuum distributor manufactured from an aluminium extrusion making it lighter and stronger.
* New design of the mounting brackets for easier adjustment of the suction pads and cross beam manufactured from an engineered plastic making it lighter and stronger.
* New sliding vacuum activation valve designed for increased safety and easier operation.
The VacuMaster sheet lifters provide faster lifting and moving of products than other conventional materials handling systems. They are able to grip products safely without damaging them.
They are fitted with fail-safe systems that prevent the load from dropping in the event of a power failure or loss of air supply. The standard range of Schmalz VacuMaster sheet lifters includes:
* Lifting capacities up to 2000kg.
* Modular design for more versatility.
* Choice of either: 415V, 240V, pneumatic or self-powered vacuum generation.
* Audible ‘low vacuum’ alarm, safety gauges, vacuum reservoir, non-return valves for increased safety.
* Designed and manufactured in accordance with AS4991-2004 - lifting devices.
Applications include lifting and loading of product onto CNC machines, metal-cutting machines, metal process/forming machines, and power saws.
VacuMaster Sheet lifters can be used with a variety of different products including sheet metal or metal plate, aluminium and stainless steel sheets, natural or processed stone, sheets of glass and laminated boards of MDF or chip board, doors, window frames, etc.