Schmalz, represented by Millsom Materials Handling in Australia and New Zealand offer the vacuum lifting devices of the series, VacuMaster.
VacuMaster Vario vacuum lifting device has been superseded by the new VacuMaster variants, Basic and Comfort. The modular design on the basis of a comprehensive ‘construction kit’ permits the construction of individual complete systems with the desired performance. Schmalz vaccum lifting devices are suitable for trade and industry sectors including metal, wood, plastics and stones.
The objective of the development work by Schmalz was to make lifting, lowering and handling of all types of loads easy for the users and, at the same time, to take aspects such as ergonomic operation, safety and efficiency into account.
In order to permit the rapid and low-cost construction of a vacuum lifting device, VacuMaster Basic/Comfort, Millsom Materials Handling offer basic modules with electric vacuum generators, operator handles, main and cross beams of various lengths and a range of different standard and special suction pads. These make it easy to construct lifting devices matched individually to a customer's requirements without the need for costly modifications or additions. If it is necessary to modify the device, it can be done quickly because of the standardised components and connecting elements.
Three basic versions are available for lifting loads in the horizontal position and for swivelling them by 90° to the vertical position or for turning them through 180°. These versions differ as follows in their maximum loads:
- horizontal = 125, 250, 500 and 750kg
- swivel by 90° = 75, 125, 250 and 500kg
- turn by 180° = 75, 125 and 250kg
Swivelling and turning are carried out with the aid of an electrical linear drive. Depending on the condition of the goods to be handled and/or the porosity of the work piece surface, pumps of various sizes can be used, ensuring that the lifting device is matched optimally to its intended task.
The following are some highlights of the new generation:
- The main beams are anodised, extruded aluminium sections which, in addition to carrying the load, also act as the vacuum reservoir and the vacuum distributor.
- The light rigid connecting elements are made of a special fibreglass-reinforced plastic material.
- The ergonomically designed manual slide valve locks in each of its end positions to prevent inadvertent operation.
- The ergonomically designed operators handle permits precise and fatigue-free operation of the lifting device.
- The vacuum lifting device VacuMaster Comfort is equipped with a regulated vacuum pump with automatic power-saving function and delivered with a chain hoist or, as an option, frequency-regulated chain hoist.