The SBX vacuum gripper system, available from Millsom Materials Handling , is an extra strong handling device. The SBX vacuum gripper system is an ideal solution for difficult surfaces, such as rough or badly warped wooden boards, which in the past had to be handled manually.
Millsom Vacuum Handling, a product division of Millsom Materials Handling, have released the ideal solution for the automated handling of sawn timber. The lightweight and compact design of the SBX Vacuum Gripper allows for easy mounting onto industrial robots. It provides a high degree of flexibility, due to its modular design and function, which can be easily integrated into many production processes, providing better process flexibility and productivity.
Applications of SBX large area vacuum gripper within the timber and woodworking industries include:
- Commissioning, sorting, moving, stacking of boards, strips, planks, glued beams, etc.
- Handling of building timber and sawn wood
- Handling of complete layers or single pieces of wood or other materials
- Lifting of warped boards with rough-sawn surfaces
- Handling of long and heavy objects
- Timber pallet manufacture
- Fencing timber handling
Features of SBX Large Area Vacuum Gripper:
- Extra strong holding forces. Models available with lifting capacities over 900kg
- Short cycle times due to the integration of the vacuum generator in to the vacuum chamber
- Low intrinsic weight due to aluminium body
- Complete system, delivered ready for connection
- Simple installation
- Neat and compact design
- Dirt-protected check valves permit safe handling, even when only part of the gripper is in contact with the work piece
- Various lengths of the SBX to meet varying requirements
- Depending on the applications, various vacuum generators (ejector, vacuum pump, vacuum blower) are available