Millsom Materials Handling , in partnership with Schmalz GmbH, have released a new generation of VacuMaster lifting devices that combine performance, operating safety and ease of use in a compact design.
The latest version of the Schmalz ’Vacumaster-Basic’ sheet lifters provides a range of vacuum lifters that is easier to operate, more functional and more compact, allowing faster, easier and safer lifting, lowering and moving of all types of products.
The ‘Vacumaster- Basic’ allows for the horizontal handling and transferring of products with a wide range of loads from 75kg through to 750kg.
Other variations of the ‘Vacumaster- Basic’ allow for the turning of products by 90° or 180°.
The benefits of the new model can be seen in its increased versatility, agility and decreased weight of the lifting mechanism, ensuring even safer operation and less stress and strain on the operator, thus reducing fatigue and increasing productivity.
The changes to the new ‘VacuMaster- Basic’ include:
- New ergonomic operating handle.
- New main beam incorporating the vacuum reservoir and vacuum distributor manufactured from an aluminium extrusion making it lighter and stronger.
- New design of the mounting brackets for easier adjustment of the suction pads, and cross beam manufactured from an engineered plastic making it lighter and stronger.
- New sliding vacuum activation valve designed for increased safety and easier operation.
Other benefits of ‘VacuMaster- Basic’: The Schmalz range of VacuMaster sheet lifters provides faster lifting and moving of products than other conventional materials handling systems. They are able to grip products safely without damaging them. VacuMaster sheet lifters are fitted with fail-safe systems that prevent the load from dropping in the event of a power failure or loss of air supply.
The standard range of Schmalz VacuMaster sheet lifters include:
- Lifting capacities up to 2000kg
- Modular design for more versatility
- Choice of either: 415V, 240V, pneumatic or self-powered vacuum generation
- Audible low vacuum alarm, safety gauges, vacuum reservoir, and non return valves for increased safety
- Designed and manufactured in accordance with AS4991-2004 – Lifting devices
Applications of ‘Vacumaster- Basic’ vacuum sheet lifters: Used in a wide variety of applications including lifting and the loading of product onto CNC machines, metal-cutting machines, metal process/forming machines and power saws.
‘VacuMaster- Basic’ sheet lifters can be used with a variety of different products including sheet metal or metal plate, aluminium and stainless steel sheets, natural or processed stone, sheets of glass and laminated boards of MDF or chip board, doors and window frames.