MILLSOM Hoists says handling of coils has never been easier using the Schmalz "VacuMaster VM Coil" vacuum lifters for steel, aluminium, tinplate and other non-ferrous metals with external diameters up to 1800 mm.
Often fine thin coil are damaged using traditional non-vacuum lifting-systems, when placed onto feeder stands.
Using the Schmalz VacuMaster VM Coil - 90° metal coils can now be safely and efficiently vacuum lifted off pallets, swivelled up to 90°, placed onto feeder stands for stamping operations or stopped in any desired intermediate position for any other operations that may be required, such as quality control inspection.
The VacuMaster VM Coil provides an excellent price-performance ratio with a quicker, safer and damage-free handling operation than any other traditional non-vacuum lifting system.
* Lifting coils up to 1000 kg (VM Coil 1000-90° model)
* Several annular suction chambers, each with a vacuum gauge, can be activated and deactivated independently to match the external diameter of the coils to a maximum of 1800mm in diameter.
* Internal coil diameters range from 410-520mm
* Coil thicknesses range from 220- 400mm
* The versatility of the VacuMaster VM Coil also provides for the handling of split-strip rings. The vacuum suction can prevent telescoping of split-strip rings up to 1.5mm thickness for steel and 3mm thickness for Aluminium.