The TOG/TPH analysers from Micron Scientific are utilised for field or laboratory applications, being portable and rugged in design. The TOG/TPH or FOG analysers determinations can be made in under 15 minutes, including extraction. The analysers measure both aliphatic and aromatic components and are usable with hexane, pentane, Vertrel MCA, perchloroethylene, Freon-113, AK-225 or S-316 extraction procedure.
The InfraCal IR Platform Analyse Model HATR-T2 is recommended for measuring TOG, TPH or FOG concentration levels when using hexane, pentane or Vertrel MCA as the extracting solvent. The measurement range for water is 8-1000 ppm (using a 10:1 extraction ratio) and 20 – 5000 ppm (using a 1:2 extraction ratio) for soil.
• Monitoring effluents from refineries or waste water treatment and industrial plants
• Measuring of fats, oil and grease (FOG) discharges
• Determining the efficiency of oil/water separation systems
• Conducting soil studies at remediation sites or around underground storage tanks
• Measuring residual oil on pre-cleaned metal components
• Determining purity level of reclaimed solvents