Micromax Sensors & Automation introduce Banner Engineering's World-Beam QS18 universal voltage sensors featuring AC or DC voltage operation. The 3-wire photoelectric sensors deliver reliable output for presence or absence detection in applications including packaging and material handling.
The QS18 universal voltage sensors feature the compact, self-contained World-Beam housing, with a variety of mounting options to meet versatile requirements and easily fit in most configurations.
The QS18 universal voltage sensors provide 20 to 140V AC or DC, or 20 to 270V AC or DC operation with a choice of P-MOSFET (sourcing) or N-MOSFET (sinking) output for enhanced sensor life and faster switching and response time than mechanical relays.
The QS18 universal voltage sensors are light or dark operate, depending on the model. Long-range diffuse models are available for sensing up to 1m. The QS18 universal voltage sensors feature robust housing with 18mm threaded barrel or basemount, side-mount and retrofit bracket options in a rugged IP67 (NEMA 6) housing with encapsulated electronics to resist harsh environments. Bright LED status indicators are also visible at 360 degrees for simple status monitoring from any angle.
Mike Turner, Business Development Manager, Material Handling, said that the QS18 universal voltage sensors are available in a variety of models and with diverse housing and mounting options to suit a wide array of application needs, including those in the most demanding environments.
The QS18 universal voltage sensors are rated PW12 (1200 psi) for washdown environments. These sensors are UL listed, CSA certified and CE marked. The models offer a 300V rated 2 or 9m attached cable or 4-pin micro-style pigtail quick-disconnect. A 600V cable is also available.
The QS18 universal voltage sensors can replace sensors in factories using either AC or DC power. They can be used in:
- Package handling
- Pallet detection
- Conveyor lane full detection
- Merge control
- Conveyor jam detection
- Baggage handling
- Bottle conveying
- Traffic and gate control
- Forest and agriculture products
- AC or DC voltage operation
- Provides 20 to 140V AC or DC, or 20 to 270V AC or DC operation with a choice of P-MOSFET (sourcing) or N-MOSFET (sinking) solid-state output
- Sensing modes include opposed pair, retro-reflective, polarised retro-reflective, diffuse, and long range diffuse models for sensing up to 1m
- Choice of light operate or dark operate models
- Comprises World-Beam QS18 housing with encapsulated electronics
- Versatile mounting options
- Fits or retrofits most configurations