Micromax Sensors & Automation have introduced Banner Engineering's U-GAGE M25U ultrasonic sensors, opposed mode ultrasonic sensor pairs designed for use in sanitary environments. The sensors, rated IP69K, IP67 (NEMA 6), are constructed of heavy-duty 316 stainless steel, allowing them to withstand the recurring high-pressure washdowns, severe temperatures, and aggressive cleaning chemicals common in food and beverage applications.
With smooth barrel housing, free of threads, gaps or seams that could accumulate debris, the M25U sensors allow thorough cleanup with minimal effort. Additionally, IP68-rated washdown cordsets and FDA compliant brackets are available to further ensure reliable, long-lasting performance in harsh environments.
According to Mark Lampert, Food and Beverage Business Development Manager, Banner, the M25U is a suitable solution for many applications, such as clean-in-place procedures, that require reliable sensing in washdown environments. It delivers all the advantages of conventional ultrasonic sensors utilising sound waves to detect the presence of targets, while providing the most durable, robust design on the market. The ultrasonic technology also allows the sensor to reliably detect clear objects.
M25U sensors can be wired for either normal or high speed. Normal speed offers a longer sensing range, while high speed provides a shorter response time, suitable for high-speed counting applications.
The U-GAGE M25U ultrasonic sensors can be used in the following applications:
- Presence detection of clear or coloured containers during sanitising
- Food process monitoring
- Position monitoring
- Aseptic bottling in contained environments
Following are the features of U-GAGE M25U ultrasonic sensors:
- Smooth, hygienic design for easy cleaning in food processing and other washdown applications, rated IP69K, IP67 (NEMA 6)
- Robust stainless steel housing with 25mm smooth barrel for use in demanding environments
- Wide operating temperature range of -20°C to 70°C and can withstand sprays up to 80°C and 1500psi occurring every few hours
- Dual range/dual speed opposed mode ultrasonic sensors, suitable for sensing clear objects or materials
- Immune to ambient sonic and electrical noise
- Bright LED indicators for power and output status
- 10V to 30V DC operation