Micromax Sensors & Automation, also known as Micromax , have introduced Banner Engineering iVu series Image Sensor, combining the simplicity of a photoelectric sensor and the intelligence of a vision sensor to deliver powerful and affordable inspection capabilities.
The iVu Image Sensor is designed with features including a touch screen with an intuitive interface and configurable inspection parameters. This allows users to apply and support inspections right on the factory floor, without the use of a PC.
The iVu Image Sensor offers three advanced sensor types in one compact, rugged package, making it possible to solve a wide variety of complex applications with one sensor.
The iVu Image Sensor is used in the following applications:
- Label inspection
- Part presence and orientation
- Date/lot code inspection
- Vial cap inspection
- Injection molding verification
- Packaging verification
- Drilled hole inspection
- Blister pack inspection
- Weld nut presence and orientation
- Feeder bowl inspection
- End-of-mail indication
- Electronic marking verification
The iVu Image Sensor also solves high-speed, complex inspection applications with ease. In the past, these types of applications have required vision systems with extensive sensor configuration using software and a PC.
Using the iVu Image Sensor’s integrated touch screen display, an operator can utilise the intuitive functions displayed on the touch screen to establish inspection parameters. The inspection can be configured, initiated and maintained without the use of a PC or other external equipment.
The following are the features of the iVu series Image Sensor:
- Integrated or external lighting (red, blue, green or infrared options)
- 68.5 mm (2.7") LCD touch screen display
- Software emulator to program the iVu offline and load parameters using a USB drive
- 752 x 480 CMOS imager
- Remote TEACH
- Onboard help functions
- Adjustable focus lenses
- Onboard USB port for upload/download to USB drive
- Inspection/system logging for rapid analysis