Micromax Sensors & Automation introduces the next generation iVu Plus touch screen vision sensors from Banner Engineering.
Part of Banner's popular iVu touch screen vision sensor family, the iVu Plus adds Ethernet connectivity and more advanced inspection capabilities to the iVu’s intuitive platform.
The iVu Plus vision sensors deliver complex inspection capabilities and superior flexibility in addition to affordability and ease of use.
Ethernet connectivity enables iVu Plus sensors to share inspection data directly with PLCs, PCs or other factory devices, making communications and control even easier on the plant floor.
The iVu Plus is also capable of storing up to 30 inspections to accommodate rapid product changeover while a new Sort sensor function facilitates sorting of up to 10 patterns in a single inspection.
iVu Plus sensors offer superior flexibility combined with dynamic new features, resulting in a sophisticated, yet user-friendly vision sensor capable of solving a wide range of applications.
Dean Tyo, chief engineer for vision, measurement and instrumentation at Banner says that they combined touch screen technology with machine vision to blend consumer with industrial technology and create a high performance, intuitive vision sensor.
He adds that continuous product line innovation has resulted in the enhancements now offered by the new iVu Plus family, designed in direct response to the needs and preferences of their customers.
Key features of iVu Plus vision sensors:
- Simple inspection setup with configuration accomplished through a menu-driven user interface designed for efficiency and ease of use with no PC required
- Includes integrated touch screen TG and BCR (Bar Code Reader) models as well as remote versions of both
- Integrated sensors allow users to quickly setup and modify an inspection on-site
- Remote sensors pair a remote touch screen display with one or more separate sensors, facilitating inspection setup and monitoring for difficult-to-access areas
- Equipped with three discrete communication channels over Ethernet or serial interfaces and a faster processor to speedily export data such as inspection and image results to HMIs and PCs
- Command channel and Data Export channels to support remote control and results
- Image Export channel to export image data
- 2.7-inch LCD colour built-in display is standard on integrated sensors
- 3.5-inch LCD display provided in remote sensors
- Housed in an IEC IP67-rated housing to suit a broad range of application environments
- Camera acquires up to 100 frames per second
- Each sensor includes an integrated ring light available in red, green, blue, white or infrared
- USB 2.0 output allows users to simply save and load configuration data to expedite inspection setup
- Sensor emulator allows users to modify an inspection offline, reducing costly downtime
iVu Plus TG Sensors
- Can be configured to operate as one of four different sensor types to tackle diverse inspections: Area, Blemish, Match and Sort
- Sort sensor type recognises and sorts different patterns of parts such as nuts, bolts and washers
- Sort function allows users to train the sensor to distinguish up to 10 patterns
iVu Plus BCR Sensors
- Reads and optionally validates data within DataMatrix (ECC200 barcodes) and several linear barcodes such as Code 128, CODABAR and Pharmacode
- Uses Ethernet connectivity to remotely update the data used for validation from anywhere on the Ethernet network
Micromax Sensors & Automation has been providing high technology electronic products and automation solutions to Australian industry for more than 45 years.