Micromax Sensors & Automation introduces a new range of safety laser scanners designed to deliver safety, simplicity and versatility in a single compact optical device.
AG4 safety laser scanners from Banner Engineering use pulses of Class 1 infrared laser light to locate the position of objects in their field of view, effectively protecting personnel from stationary and mobile hazards within a user-designated area.
AG4 safety laser scanners offer advantages such as simple installation and intuitive configuration software for user-friendly use.
Specifically effective in safeguarding irregularly-shaped areas not suitable for a standard two-or three-piece safety light screen, AG4 safety laser scanners also function as an excellent replacement solution for high-maintenance safety mats that are routinely damaged by repetitive operation or adverse environments.
AG4 safety laser scanners employ the principle of diffuse reflectance to determine an object’s position via range and rotational angle.
Once the AG4 protective and warning fields are configured, the position of the objects within the field of view is evaluated. If anyone or anything is within a protective field, a safety stop signal is generated from the scanner.
The AG4 can additionally be configured so that an intrusion in the warning field triggers an auxiliary output. This may be used to slow a mobile vehicle, flash a light or initiate other actions to warn an individual who enters this field.
Key features of AG4 safety laser scanners:
- Meet all requirements for Type 3 per IEC 61496-1/-2, Category 3 PLd per EN ISO 13849-1 and Safety Integrity Level (SIL) 2 per IEC 61508
- Delivers superior performance in applications such as area guarding, access/ perimeter protection and automated guided vehicle (AGV) collision avoidance
- Highly flexible protective and warning fields can be set to match the shape of the work area, providing dependable, responsive detection of any intrusion
- Reliably detects objects with 0.36-degree lateral resolution in a zone up to 190 degrees from its fixed position
- Provides selectable protection field resolution of 30, 40, 50, 70 and 150mm with ranges up to 6.25 metres
- Warning field provides coverage of up to 15 metres
- Advanced configuration capabilities allow operators to configure the AG4 with eight individual protective and warning fields
- Users can quickly switch between configured field pairs, providing the flexibility to effectively protect personnel and equipment in diverse applications
- Simple installation and easy-to-use software
- Five LED diagnostic display presents system status and diagnostics of devices without connecting to a PC
- Configurable response time from 80 to 640 milliseconds
- RS-232 and RS-422 PC interface connection, USB adaptor available
- Two solid-state OSSD safety outputs (250 mA) and two solid-state auxiliary outputs (100 mA)
Mike Carlson, Safety Products Marketing Manager at Banner Engineering says that the AG4 functions as a standalone safeguard solution in any number of stationary applications in addition to facilitating collision avoidance on mobile vehicles such as AGVs, overhead cranes as well as transfer carts and trolleys.
Micromax Sensors & Automation has been providing high technology electronic products and automation solutions to Australian industry for more than 45 years.