Micromax Sensors & Automation adds two mid-range adjustable-field sensors to Banner Engineering's WORLD-BEAM QS30 family.
The addition expands the company’s growing line of short and long-range adjustable-field sensors.
The QS30AFF400 foreground suppression sensors and the QS30AF600 background suppression sensors use advanced linear imager technology to provide a superior sensing solution for diverse industrial applications including part-in-place detection, feeder bowl control and package detection on conveyors.
Dennis Smith, technical marketing manager at Banner Engineering says that the new QS30AF/AFF models aim to provide high performance adjustable field sensors capable of twice the detection range with less colour sensitivity than Banner's previous generation of sensors.
He adds that the use of a 128-pixel camera makes QS30 sensors resistant to mechanical shock and vibration, enabling advanced image processing to maximise the range as well as minimise the effects of target colour.
Additionally, the sensors have excellent crosstalk immunity and can reject fluorescent or other spurious light signals, allowing multiple Banner sensors to be used in close proximity to one another.
Key features of QS30 adjustable-field sensors:
- QS30AFF400 sensor offers foreground suppression to deliver reliable detection of target objects varying in colour or shape when a fixed background is present
- QS30AF600 sensor provides reliable detection of objects when the background condition is neither controlled nor fixed, ignoring objects located beyond the sensing field cut-off
- Sensing range for all models can be adjusted with a screwdriver potentiometer or the remote teach wire input
- Visible red LED sensing beam in the sensor ensures easy sensor alignment
- Both models are available in a waterproof epoxy encapsulated IP67-rated housing, making them suitable for use in harsh industrial environments
- Available in a range of mounting options including a 30mm threaded barrel or side mount to deliver increased flexibility in application
- Three connection options including 2m, 9m quick-disconnect and 150mm pigtail quick-disconnect are also available
- Precise and repeatable switch point performance
- Enhanced immunity to fluorescent lights and crosstalk of nearby sensors
- Large, bright output and sensor status indicators
- Full assortment of convenient brackets and cord sets for simple installation
- Bipolar discrete outputs, PNP and NPN with optional LO/DO selection in every model
- QS40AFF400 offers an adjustable cut-off range of 50-400mm with a maximum sensing range of 400mm for all sensor colours
- QS30AF600 model delivers an adjustable cut-off range of 50-600mm with a maximum sensing range of 400mm for the 6% black card sensor and 600mm for the 90% white card sensor
- 6% black card sensor also offers a minimum sensing range of 30mm
Micromax Sensors & Automation has been providing high technology electronic products and automation solutions to Australian industry for more than 45 years.