BANNER Engineering’s new World-Beam QS18 Laser Adjustable-Field Sensors deliver high-performance sensing with a visible Class 1 laser, tightly collimated sensing beams and precision background suppression.
Available from Micromax Pty Ltd , the QS18LAF sensors offer reliable sensing solutions at an industry-leading price.
The sensors feature a compact housing for the greatest mounting flexibility, yet they deliver high power and provide a sharp cutoff. The device’s narrow visible beam is perfect for small object detection and precision position control.
The QS18LAF accurately detects hard to see objects, even on dark backgrounds, such as recessed, milled or bored holes that don’t fully penetrate a material.
The compact housing makes it a good choice for background suppression applications in small, difficult-to-reach areas.
The World-Beam QS18LAF sensors are an excellent fit when high power and small beam size are important.
They are ideal for a wide range of applications in the metal stamping, packaging, material handling, semiconductor and pharmaceutical industries.
Application examples include:
* Detecting small transitions in a position control application
* Verifying the proper die in a stamping application
* Sensing small parts in a conveyance application
* Detecting tiny features in an inspection application
* Error proofing in a packaging application
Several features of the QS18LAF sensors make them particularly easy to install and use:
* Adjustable-field background suppression sensors sense small parts of varying colours while ignoring the background
* Crosstalk rejection algorithm protects against optical disturbance from adjacent sensors
* Multi-turn potentiometer on the top of sensor models allows user adjustment
* Bright green and amber status LEDs are visible from 360°
* Compact housing has two side-mount holes
* An extensive offering of versatile mounting brackets are available
* Four connector options are available: 2m or 9m integral cable, 4-pin Euro-style pigtail QD and 4-pin Pico-style pigtail QD.
World-Beam Series sensors are easy-to-apply, easy-to-use sensors that resist environmental contamination from moisture, dirt, EMI/RFI and crosstalk.