BANNER Engineering, represented in Australia by Micromax Pty Ltd , has released new T-GAGE temperature sensors. These passive, non-contact temperature-based devices detect objects that are either hotter or colder than the ambient condition and then trigger an output.
They are extremely easy to set up because they use Banner's advanced TEACH-mode push-button programming that requires no potentiometer adjustments.
"Thanks to advances in manufacturing and reduced costs of thermopile components, Banner temperature sensors offer a low-cost, robust solution to what once was an expensive sensing challenge,” said Banner's Magnetic and Temperature Sensor Product Manager, Joe Dolinsky. “Banner T-GAGE sensors cost half that of the nearest comparable product."
T-GAGE sensors are useful for monitoring production lines. They operate even if the product isn't moving and can sense temperature changes as small as 3°C.
T-GAGE sensors are suitable for a wide variety of applications in the process, food production, assembly, packaging, materials handling and general manufacturing industries.
Other areas of use include:
* Detecting hot products such as baked goods, metals and bottles
* Detecting cold products, including frozen foods, ice and dairy
* Monitoring process equipment and fixture temperature
* Monitoring packaging, binding and gluing thermal processes
* Detecting hot parts and verifying ejection
* Monitoring heated or chilled rollers.
Features of the T-GAGE include:
* Fast 25ms response time accommodates production line speeds
* Small, self-contained package doesn't require an external controller
* Setup is quick and easy using an on-board TEACH push button or remote cable
* Dynamic TEACH mode allows the sensor to learn two sensing conditions on-the-fly and automatically set the switchpoint
* Manual TEACH mode allows the user to program the sensor for two distinct temperature switchpoints
* Stainless steel barrel construction and fully encapsulated electronics is rated IP67 for harsh sensing environments
* Provides a wide temperature sensing range from 03/4 to 300°C
* Advanced monitor software allows for threshold adjustment and real-time information display through a PC.
The T-GAGE sensor operates from 10v to 30V dc. It features solid-state bipolar outputs - one current sourcing (PNP) and one current sinking (NPN).
Output timing options include ON-delay, OFF-delay, retriggerable, one-shot, pulse stretches and more.
It is available with a 2m or 9m unterminated cable, or 5-pin Euro-Style quick-disconnect option.
Lens options include integrated lens for general purpose use, enclosed plastic face for food applications and germanium lens for narrow field of view.