THE PresencePLUS P4 EDGE 1.3 vision sensor from Banner Engineering, represented by Micromax , makes highly detailed automated error-proofing and inspections possible.
The P4 EDGE 1.3 uses a 1280 x 1024 pixel imager (1,310,720 pixels) to capture minute details of multiple features at ranges from a few inches to several feet, depending on the lens used.
The sensor detects subtle differences in target dimensions at very fast throughput rates. High speed and high resolution make it ideal for precision inspections, error-proofing and counting stamped metal parts as well as validating the location of objects such as labels or components of an assembly.
* Error-proof stamped parts in a precision metal stamping application.
* Count metal pins and verify their locations in a connector assembly.
* Validate label placement in a pharmaceutical labeling operation.
* Verify PCB board and component orientation in a semiconductor assembly.
* Confirm that the cap and fill level in a bottling application are correct.
* Ensure the SKU and label are straight and properly placed on a package.
Several features of the P4 EDGE 1.3 make it particularly easy to install and use:
* Remote TEACH allows the sensor to learn new features to inspect for, without connecting to a PC or shutting down the production line.
* A built-in live video output allows users to view the sensor's inspections in real time and to view failed inspection images without a PC.
* The P4 EDGE 1.3 vision sensor interfaces to machinery or factory networks through a built-in 10/100 Ethernet connection, RS-232 or four discrete input/outputs.
The compact, self-contained P4 EDGE 1.3 is available with two lens positions: in-line (on the end of the housing) and right-angle (on the side of the housing).
Both versions measure only 66.8mm wide; the in-line model is 136.1mm long and the right angle model is just 124.5mm long. The included mounting brackets make it easy to attach the P4 EDGE 1.3 sensor to machines or conveyors.
The unit's three bi-colour LED indicators clearly show unit status during setup and operation. It operates on 10 to 30V dc.
Banner also offers hundreds of specialised lighting and C-mount lensing options to solve even the most challenging applications.