Mettler Toledo introduces an enhanced range of X ray inspection systems designed for foreign body detection at high speeds in food and pharmaceutical manufacturing environments. The launch of the new AXR-P X-ray inspection system follows the success of the AXR range.
Mettler Toledo’s AXR-P X-ray inspection system is designed to help food and pharmaceutical manufacturers ensure the safety and integrity of a wide variety of packaged products. By examining products for foreign body contamination and other quality defects, it offers manufacturers greater quality control to boost production and comply with stringent food safety standards such as Europe’s International Featured Standards (IFS) to operate in lucrative international markets as well as meet local legislation requirements.
The AXR-P X-ray inspection system is ideal for inspecting packaged foods including ready meals as well as pharmaceutical products. An advanced CPU promotes greater line efficiency and stronger quality control by allowing faster data processing and exceptional detection sensitivity at higher throughput speeds than traditional X-ray systems. The higher speed signal transmission between the X-ray detector and the rejection device allows the AXR-P to be designed with a compact footprint of two metres in length, making it ideal for manufacturers with limited factory floor space.
The system’s edge threshold technology enhances detection of foreign bodies such as metal, glass, mineral stone, calcified bone and high-density plastic and rubber regardless of their shape or location within the product. The AXR-P is also capable of ensuring that products consistently meet manufacturers’ standards and specifications by simultaneously performing several inline quality checks, which enable the products to meet consumer requirements for quality.
Key features of AXR-P X-ray inspection system:
- Edge threshold technology enhances detection of foreign bodies
- Powerful CPU permits higher speed signal transmission between the X-ray detector and the rejection device
- Inline quality checks include gross mass measurement, identification of missing or broken components and examination of packaging for damage and seal integrity
- Easy-to-use HMI enables operators to select and move images into a GUI for closer examination
- Simple to service and maintain with increased availability of spare parts
- Additional plug-ins, which allow inspection of up to 16 different lanes boost production line flexibility