The granulate conveyor is part of Mettler Toledo’s product inspection technology portfolio, which also includes x-ray, metal detection and checkweighing solutions.
Manufacturers of granulates, crystals and powders are constantly worried about the ingress of particles into production line machinery that can cause downtime and increase maintenance costs. Granulate products can penetrate even the smallest gaps in machinery. Loose crystals for instance, can get under the transport belt of the conveyor during checkweighing, impairing its movement and changing the belt alignment, eventually causing the production to be stopped.
Featuring a unique covered design to protect moving parts, Mettler Toledo Garvens’ new granulate conveyors for checkweighers have been developed to reduce downtime and maintenance costs associated with cleaning particle contamination.
The new granulate conveyors are ideal for checkweighers used for all free-flowing granulate products such as salt, sugar, washing powder and flour.
Sascha Goly, Product Manager, Mettler Toledo Garvens explains that downtime can be very costly to manufacturers as it has such a severe impact on productivity. By sealing and protecting the transport belt machinery, the new granulate conveyor can save manufacturers time and money.
Key features and benefits of Mettler Toledo granulate conveyors:
- All turning parts are protected by a special elastic transport belt, completely covering the conveyor body
- Conveyor body is milled from a solid block with no unnecessary gaps that allow particles to enter
- Toothed belt located between the motor and drive roller is fully enclosed to protect the drive system from abrasive or sticky particles
- Conveyor’s elastic belt material does not require a tensioning device, making it quick and easy to replace
- Small roller diameter of only 25mm ensures stable and safe transport of granulate products, lowering risk of product waste and increasing weighing accuracy
- Easily integrates with existing Mettler Toledo machines for simple upgrade
- Available for Garvens checkweigher models XE/XS3, XE/XS3 H, XE/XS3 CC, and XE/XS3 CC H
- Applicable for products weighing up to 5000 grams and for maximum conveyor speed of 60 metre/min