AS a result of an extensive range of standard component parts, Harwin, represented by Metromatics , is offering a range of hot shoe connectors without extensive tooling costs.
Hot shoe connectors are typically used in harsh environments where moisture or dust ingress is not permitted and life cycle requirements are high.
They provide a fully sealed connector to mate items such as batteries and handsets to portable units or charging points for internal batteries.
The connectors come in a range of optional specifications:
* Mixed technology hot shoes - made using heavy gold plated contacts and stainless steel inserts, both components are products as standard items and become part of a 'mix-and-match' set up to meet the customer specification. By insert moulding the components, a full hermetic seal is achieved.
* Low profile hot shoe - no more than 4mm thick, a fully sealed connector provides and interface between internal circuits and an external cable connector.
* Sprung contact hot shoe - allows 3mm of travel to accommodate a degree of pin miss-alignment. Includes a return spring and is either gold or silver plated for conductivity.
* Filtered hot shoe connectors - wide variety of RF filtering for use with Hot Shoe connectors allow a broad range of applications to be accommodated.
* Mating Connectors - many of the hot shoe connectors also have mating halves available to complete the connection assembly.