The RE0412 from Crystal Group is a new range of rugged embedded computers featuring a carbon fibre chassis and a small form factor.
RE0412 small form factor rugged embedded computers are an ideal fit for environments that demand performance, ruggedness and reliability. The rugged embedded carbon fibre chassis computers are designed for airborne and ground mobile applications where significant processing power is required in a lightweight and rugged package.
Though RE0412 embedded computers come from the UAV and soldier deployed segments, their emphasis on light weight and low power as well as extreme thermal performance and durability has seen a significant amount of interest in the ground vehicle market.
Key features of RE0412 rugged embedded computers:
- Carbon fibre chassis measures 7.95cm H x 27.33cm W x 20.65cm D and weighs only 1.72kg fully loaded
- Up to two 6.35cm solid state drives, a PCIe x16 expansion slot, and up to 16GB DDR3 RAM
- Intel mini-ITX board and i3 (Desktop) CPU
- DC power inputs from 18-36VDC
- Single (80Khr MTBF) cooling fan for air over components cooling architecture
- Conformal coating options for humidity protection
- Extensive thermal design enables -40ºC to +55ºC operation with full CPU load without throttling
- MIL-STD-810 vibration and shock performance testing underway, followed by MIL-STD-461 CE102 and RE102 testing
- Full complement of I/O makes the platform ideal for general purpose processing in the field