Secure Communication Systems has released Pictor tablet computer, which is a rugged lightweight portable workstation that provides full workstation capabilities with high performance Windows XP Professional, XP Tablet or Linux Operating Systems.
The Pictor tablet computer is constructed using a two piece aluminium alloy chassis. The Pictor tablet computer has been designed to meet the environmental requirements of MIL-STD-810F.
The Pictor tablet computer is powered by low voltage Celeron. The Pictor CPU runs at 1 GHz and supports up to 2 GB of on board RAM, while operating at lower power.
The Pictor tablet computer features an internal hard disk drive with up to 40GB of storage. Hardware encryption, SecureDisk, is available so that all disk content can be zeroized in less than 30 msec.
Other features of the Pictor tablet computer include:
- Fast Video Processor with 64MB of frame buffer via shared system memory
- 10.4 inch diagonal touch panel LCD that is sunlight readable and dimmable for night vision to less than 1 nit.
- System I/O including external power, Ethernet, 2 x RS232 serial interfaces, USB ports
- Optional bumpers to prevent workstation damage in rugged applications
- Optional internal GPS System
Secure Communications manufactures a wide range of equipment such as workstations, LCD Displays, Portable Systems. Metromatics is its distributor in Australia and New Zealand.