The SBC325 single board computers deliver substantially increased processing performance to customers using the 3U VPX form factor, enabling them to develop and deploy demanding industrial and military/aerospace applications such as command/control, ISR, radar/sonar and signal processing.
The 3rd Generation Intel Core processor technology not only offers enhanced performance per watt but can also maintain full performance at more elevated temperatures than the previous generation, offering an opportunity for the development of new capabilities in small form factor applications.
The 3U VPX SBC325 single board computers present an excellent solution for clients working on demanding applications that are highly constrained in terms of size, weight and power. The improved thermal performance of the new Intel processor helps to deliver improved response times and throughput while reducing the thermal footprint of the solution or the number of boards required in a system to minimise size and weight factors.
Key features of 3U VPX SBC325 single board computers:
- Mezzanine XMC/PMC site provided for optimum flexibility and expandability
- Quad fat-pipe (x16PCI Express) for high performance connectivity to GPGPUs increases versatility
- Open VPX platform 100% compatible with the previous two generations in GE's 3Y VPXcel3 family for straightforward upgrade
- Available in five build levels from benign (air cooled) to fully rugged (conduction cooled)
- Core i7-3612QE processor featuring Intel advanced Vector Extensions (Intel AVX)
- Up to 8GBytes of DDR3 memory and a solid state disk drive of up to 32GBytes capacity
- Complements a range of I/O options including Gigabit Ethernet, SATA, USB and audio
- Supported operating systems include Windows 7, Open Linux, Wind River Linux and VxWorks