Providing rapid processing, the FPGA is closely coupled to the serial interconnects to prevent data transfer bottlenecks. The modules support 10-Gigabit Ethernet, PCI Express, Serial RapidIO, and Xilinx Aurora implementations. Optional front-panel I/O adds dual SFP ports for Fibre Channel or copper Gigabit Ethernet and a VHDCR connector for expanded I/O signal access.
Acromag’s XMC-6VLX mezzanine modules find application in simulation, communications, signal intelligence and image processing. Available in a variety of configurations with upgradable logic, I/O and operating temperature capabilities, the modules combine the powerful Virtex-6 FPGA with high-speed serial transceivers to enable real-time processing of signals in many applications requiring intensive computation tasks and fast interfaces.
The FPGA serves as a co-processor applying custom logic and algorithms to streams of remote sensor data. Common applications include processing radar, sonar, or video and communication tasks such as encryption or protocol conversion. All models are available with extended temperature range parts suitable for -40ºC to +85ºC operation.
Key features of XMC-6VLX mezzanine modules:
- Rear I/O supports 8-lane high-speed serial interfaces on both the P15 and P16 XMC ports for PCI Express, Serial RapidIO, 10-Gigabit Ethernet or Xilinx Aurora implementation
- P16 also has 34 SelectIO channels and two global clock pairs direct to the FPGA
- P4 port adds another 60 SelectIO and two more global clock pairs
- Large, high-speed memory banks provide efficient data handling and storage
- Generous 128M x 64-bit DDR3 SDRAM buffers store captured data prior to FPGA processing
- Data is directly accessible through the FPGA, and moved to the 2M x 72-bit SRAM for high-speed DMA transfer to the bus or CPU
- High-bandwidth serial x4/x8 interface ensures fast data throughput
- 16M x 16-bit parallel flash memory conveniently stores MicroBlaze program code
- Engineering Design Kit provides utilities for users to develop custom programs, load VHDL into the FPGA and establish DMA transfers between FPGA and CPU
- DLL driver software package for easy integration of the boards with embedded Windows applications
- C libraries for VxWorks and other operating systems for connectivity with real time application programs
Acromag is represented in Australia and New Zealand by Metromatics .